The Best NYC Weekend Getaways Tips & Guide
Don’t have time to take some days of just for vacation this year? Consider the weekend getaways as your perfect time to have vacation. Today, you will see one of the most exciting getaways idea: NYC Weekend Getaways. There are many things that you can visit in New York City. Yes, a lot. Today I just want to share some of the top ideas that everybody will love it.
For an overview of the city, you can choose any types of transportation you want from bus tour, cruise ship, or even the helicopter ride. You can also climb to the top of the skyscrapers building to see around the city. Make sure you choose what you want and reserve it online before you arrive at the city. These are our recommendation for two days NYC weekend getaways.
First Day (Saturday)
1. When you arrive in the morning, go to the famous, astounding Times Square. You don’t want to miss your photo taken with Times Square as your background. It is really good for having picture in the morning (not so many people walking in the morning, at least less people than the afternoon!!).
2. Then take a ride on the bus tour (make sure that you buy 2-day passes so you will be able to use it again on Sunday) around Times Square area and you will be shown many attractive things in the city. The guide will explain everything about many sites in New York City while you are passing. It will take around 1 hour to arrive at Battery Park
3. Battery Park is really the best park ever in NYC. You can see Liberty Statue from this park. You can also take picture with the famous “Wall Street Charging Bull” statue close to Battery Park.
4. Then take a cruise to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. You just need to pay around $10, but you will be able to visit them. Later on this year after the construction on the Statue of Liberty finishes, you will be able to climb to her famous crown. It would make your NYC weekend getaways be the most exciting moment ever in your life.
5. After you visit Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, don’t forget to visit Rockefeller center and climb to the “Top of the Rock”. You can see around the city when you climb up this building. Don’t forget to take picture here (it’s really beautiful. Seriously. Stunning scenery ever). Take a look at the tallest building in NYC: Empire State Building. It’s really unforgettable moment ever for your New York City Getaways.
Second Day (Sunday)
1. If you like musical performance, you should visit the Broadway theater in the Times Square Area (It’s really famous in the world, but it’s usually quite expensive and the line is a little bit longer than the other attractions in the city. So you should consider it before you decide to buy the ticket).
2. Another alternative is you can go to the bridge. There are two biggest and famous brige in the city. They are Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridge. This is the best site for taking your picture in the city. Don’t miss it.
3. Then you should go to the Little Italy/Chinatown area close to those bridges. You will see very diverse community living around that area. If you like people from different area, it’s definitely going to be your next destination.
Have fun with your NYC Weekend Getaways!!